Thursday 1 September 2011

Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest is one the biggest celebrations in Germany. But for me, October has a special relevance apart from being my birthday month. This month has been dedicated world over to Breast Cancer awareness. Being a survivor, this cause is very close to my heart. I wish that someday the impediments of fear, narrow-mindedness and ignorance can be removed from the process of learning more about this disease. And this may afterall not be a disease one day.
To all the people that will someday follow this blog and will openly express themselves here with concerns, fears and thoughts, I am happy that this is a place that has been created thinking futuristically about the awareness it will create for many in India and abroad.
Hope that my notes always find everyone in good health,
Shikha.

No comments:

Post a Comment