Monday 5 December 2011

Its December......

Hello friends,
We are in December and its getting chilly. Warm thoughts and warm wishes are always good during the cold winter season. It is Holiday Season where I live and all the malls are decked up. It feels great to see happy faces everywhere. Amongst these people I see everyday, there are faces of those who are currently going through Cancer or are helping others who are going through this damn disease and yet others who may be grieving or missing their loved ones.
My heart goes out to everyone who is going through this painful phase or has someone in their family or friends going through it.
When I look back and think of my time going through my diagnosis, treatment and the consequences thereafter, I always think that no matter how strong I was and how positive everyone around me has been; I still hope and wish for a world that is free of any kind of diseases. There is so much that can be done if each one of us pledges to remind another of the benefits of good health. We all treasure our friends and family and want to see them live longer, happier life. How many times has a conversation circled around the weather? This conversation could have been about annual physical check ups too!
We girls talk to our mothers about so many things, most often complaining about petty things in life. I wish we could just every now and then ask our mothers or aunts if they had gotten a mammogram done or if they were due for one now?
Its so easy to reach out to our loved ones. Why is it then so hard to get this to be a part of everyone's routine?
If you really love someone and want them to stick around longer, ask them - When did you last get your physical check up? Should I call your doctor to set up an appointment for you? Do you need a ride to the doctor's?

No comments:

Post a Comment